Tacos is served as starter and basically this recipe is used as spicy starter when you visit any 5 or 4 star restaurant. This recipe is filled with veggie bean that anyone of you can freeze in your freezer for two months.
This recipe will take only 30 minutes for getting ready and your delicious recipe will be ready to eat. Ingredients of Vegetarian Chilli Tacos are as follows.
- Finely chopped onion = 1
- Finely chopped stalks of celery = 3
- Olive oil = 1 tbsp
- Clove of garlic = 1
- Chopped shiitake mushrooms/Portobello = 200grams/7 oz
- Tomato puree = 100gram/3 ½ oz
- Chopped green chillies = 2
- Cocoa powder = 1 tsp
- Vegetable stock = 150ml/5fl
- Washed and drained mixed or kidney beans = 2*400 g (tinned)
- Ground black pepper and Salt = as per taste
- Taco shells (readymade) = 12
- Cheddar cheese or Monterey jack = 150 gram/ 5 oz
- Plain yoghurt = 200ml/ 7fl oz
- Fresh coriander (optional) in clopped form = 2 tbsp
How to make Vegetarian Chilli Tacos
1. Put a frying pan over medium heat and add oil in it. Lightly fry celery, garlic and onion until they become soft.
2. When it become fry, add chillies and mushroom in it and cook for further 2 minutes. Add tomato puree in it as well as further cook 5 more minutes. When you see that the mushroom become soft then you can add cocoa powder and wait for boiling.
3. Then reduce heat and cook it for 10 minutes, after that add beans in it and start simmering again for 10 minutes, or cook unless your sauce has been reduced and beans become well heated.
4. For serving you have to add 2-3 tbsp of chilli beans in every taco shell. When complete filling all tacos shells use grated cheese, 1 spoon of yoghurt and chopped coriander on it. Now your tacos plates filled with veggie chillies are ready to eat.