Beauty is often judged with the appearance of feet. Despite of this fact, many individuals do not pay attention towards their feet’s beauty. Foot reflexology or foot massage is commonly used for the indulgence and relaxation of feet. Self-care is must for getting attractive feet. Foot reflexology is regularly used in several cultures. Reflexology can help in improving entire health. Certain acupressure points are present on feet. Massaging or pressing these points can help in improving overall health, maintaining proper functioning of body organs and curing the existing illnesses. Some common benefits of reflexology and foot massage are:
- Stimulates nerves and muscles
- Reduces stiffness
- Improves circulation of blood
- Removes fatigue and stress
- Improves immunity
- Better sleep
- Clears energy flow
- Boosts metabolism
- Assists to decrease blood pressure
- Stimulates lymphatic system
- Regularizes body functions
- Relieves pain, migraines and headaches
It is quite easy to do foot massage. Just follow these basic steps:
1. First wash your feet as it will help in cleaning and warming them.
2. Lubricant is often used in best massages for making it easier. Adding necessary oils gives advantages of that particular oil. You can add 2-3 drops of peppermint, lavender, tea tree, or eucalyptus essential oils in your skin lotion. You can also add coconut oil or almond oil.
3. Begin with toes. Press, pull and twist every toe individually, moving from largest to smallest toe and from joint to tip.
4. Use both of your thumbs for doing foot massage by moving from top to bottom. Apply strong pressure on each spot for few seconds. Focus on your pains and aches.
5. Massage achilles areas, heels and ankles.
6. Also do massage on tops of feet.
7. Repeat the same steps for other foot.
As per the recommendation of experts, give foot massage on daily basis at night time to get best results. Start doing this simple foot massage from today and do share your experience with us.