Sushi rolls are popular all around the world. People of all ages like this dish very much and they are mostly eaten as snacks. Taste of these rolls is luscious. You can fill sushi with any of the ingredients as per your choice. You can use wasabi and teriyaki sauce for serving the sushi rolls. It can be quickly made in just 45 minutes.
- Uncooked white rice (short grain) : 2/3 cup
- Rice vinegar : 3 tbsp
- White sugar : 3 tbsp
- Nori sheets (seaweed sheets) : 4
- Salt : 1 1/2 tsp
- Pickled ginger : 2 tbsp
- Cucumber (peeled and sliced in tiny strips) : ½
- Imitation crabmeat (flaked) : ½ pound
- Avocado : 1
Also read: Vegetable Sushi Recipe
1. Take medium sized saucepan and add 1 1/3 cups of water in it. Allow it to boil. Also put in rice and then stir. Lower the heat, cover up and boil for 15-20 minutes. Take small bowl and add salt, sugar and rice vinegar in it. Combine this mixture with rice.
2. Preheat the oven at 150 Celsius or 300 Fahrenheit. Use a baking sheet and heat nori for 1-2 minutes in that preheated oven so that it gets warm. Put 1 sheet of nori onto sushi mat. Moisten your hands. Place thin rice layer on nori sheet and press by using hands. Arrange avocado, 1/4 cucumber, imitation crabmeat and ginger in the middle of rice.
3. Pick up mat’s end and softly roll all ingredients. Roll in forward direction for making full roll. Use the left over ingredients for making more sushi rolls.
4. Divide every roll in 3 to 5 pieces by using a sharp sodden knife. Your dish is now ready and you can serve it to 4 people.