Coconut — a palm family fruits which is highly beneficial for almost hundreds of problems and an amazing ingredient used in main course food items, drinks and of course in desserts. Desserts made up from coconut are extremely yummy and can bring a smile on a sad face (that’s what desserts are for sometimes). You can use this super fruit in cakes, brownies, pastries, cookies and even in salads. It’s not the only coconut that can be used in a number of items but coconut milk, coconut water, and even its flash are highly useful in a lot of dishes. Not just taste, but it adds several health benefits like cholesterol control, diabetes control, hypertension problems, weight control, dull and dead skin, hair fall and what not?
But we just let’s talk about coconut in desserts only. Yes. Desserts are yummy but when they are easy to cook and have great taste as well they became yummiest.
I am going to state one of my yummiest recipe of coconut cookies which are so easy to make without even baking. Yes! You heard it right without even baking or using the oven. Here you go check out the recipe:
- 1 cup of sweetened crumbled coconut
- 3 cups of quick oats
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- ½ cup of cocoa powder which should be unsweetened because the sweet ones may add too much sweetness.
- ½ cup of skimmed milk
- ½ cup of butter
1. Line a bake sheet in a tray with butter paper.
2. Take a large bowl and add 3 cups of quick oats and a cup of coconut. Mix both the ingredients evenly until they are thoroughly mixed together.
3. Whisk icing sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder together.
4. Take a pan and place it on medium heat on the stove and add butter. Add milk along with sugar and cocoa powder mixture with milk and butter. Mix the mixture until it becomes smooth and soft. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for a minute or two.
5. Now pour the heated mixture into a bowl with oats and coconut.
6. Now spread all the material on the bake sheet and place in refrigerator until firm.
7. Remove from the fridge and cut in the cookie form and serve.
8. Healthiest yet yummiest no bake coconut cookies are ready to make you smile.