Gluten is a kind of natural glue type gum present in wheat items like oats and barley etc. it is somehow essential for it because it helps the wheat products to stick together and give a chewy texture. But in some cases, people are allergic to gluten because it may cause serious diseases and obesity. People who are suffering from gluten allergy usually suffers from following diseases:
People suffering from gluten sensitivity are not liable to consume something made up from things that include gluten. If they do so they might develop fatigue, allergies, nausea, neurological disorders, and even some psychiatric problems. These people are highly recommended to take things which does not include gluten in it.
Celiac disease is a crucial immune system disorder which is connected to ingestion of wheat and all other wheat related products like oats and barley etc. This is not something related to gastro or any stomach disorder but it has something to do with gluten and passes from genetics. Person suffering from this should not eat any wheat stuff.
People can have adverse effects of wheat over them because of the presence of gluten in it and it may cause severe wheat allergy.
People like these don’t have to worry about there are several dishes which are made up from gluten free items so it won’t cause any harm to the body. Here is a Gluten-Free lemon squares recipe.
- Rice flour (Gluten free) 1- ½ cups
- Sugar ½ cups
- Xanthan gum ¾ tsp.
- Butter ½ cup (cold and cut in cubes)
- 1-2 tbsps. Pf water
- Sugar 1- ½ cups
- Shredded lemon peel 2 tbsps.
- Lemon juice ½ cup
- Eggs 4 (beaten)
- Gluten free rice flours ¼ cup
- Powdered sugar to garnish
1. Preheat the oven and grease the 9 inch pan with butter and set aside.
2. Combine rice flour, sugar and xanthan gum in a bowl. Add tsps. Of water one at a time, keep stirring with fork, until flaky. Press the dough in the pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
3. Blend sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, eggs and rice flour together and keep the powdered sugar aside. Pour the mixture over hot crust and bake again till baked well and no jiggle appears. Let it cool completely and cut it in bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.