This cake is famous in Middle East countries because it is easy to make, vegan, and flavorful. Its color is bright yellow. You can serve this cake with 1 pistachio in middle of every cake’s slice. Ingredients and procedure for making Turmeric and Coconut cake is given below.
- Self-rising flour : 3 cups
- Sugar : 2/3 cups
- Ground turmeric : 1 tablespoon
- Shredded unsweetened coconut : 1 ½ cup
- Sweetened almond, soy or coconut milk : 1 ¾ cup
- Vegetable oil : ¾ cup
- Tahini : 1 tablespoon
- Shelled pistachios : for garnishing
1. First pre-heat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit. Take a baking dish (11×7) and coat its sides and bottom with tahini.
2. Take a large bowl and add flour, turmeric, sugar, pinch of salt and shredded coconut. Mix them well.
3. Add milk and vegetable oil. Stir together all ingredients till they are well combined but do not over mix.
4. Now pour batter into baking dish. Decorate cake’s top with pistachios. Allow the cake to bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes. Wait for 10 minutes to let this cake sit prior to cutting it. Your turmeric cake is ready to be served.