Do you know that March is the colorectal cancer awareness month? Experts advise people to carry out healthy habits and regular checkups through screenings.
1. Cancer of the colon or rectum is known as colorectal cancer
In majority most colorectal cancers start off with abnormal tissue growths on the colon or rectum. Which can become cancerous if not removed immediately.
2. Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in USA
The colorectal cancer alliance has stated that one in every 23 adults will get this threatening cancer. Although most cases are linked people over the age of 50 but cases I younger people are on the rise.
3. The American cancer society states that men and women at age 45 must have regular screening to prevent colorectal cancer as adults at this age are more prone to the cancer.
4. There are several types of tests for colorectal cancer but they are mainly broken down into two groups: stool based tests and visual examination of the colon and the rectum.
5. The most alarming fact is that people who have a family history of this disease are at a high risk to this cancer. It may be that their ancestors were exposed to radiations specifically on the pelvic or abdominal region.